It’s technically spring in September but I think it’s safe to say that spring came early this year; it’s been wet and rainy lately.
This spring, you’ll be glad to know that a lot of last years’ trends are making a comeback so you don’t have to kill your bank account buying a whole new wardrobe to keep up with the latest trends.
Here are nine of last year’s trends that made the cut to this year:
1. Denim on denim – This look has been spotted by the likes of Beyonce, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and JLO to name a few. The denim on denim trend has been going strong for the past few years and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, anytime soon so rock yours with confidence!
2. Denim cutoffs – Those who know me, know I love wearing shorts so I am well pleased about this particular trend. Like the denim on denim, this look is here to stay!
3. Dungarees – This is my least favourite trend and even though I loved dungarees in my younger years, pre-teens. I hate them now. It reminds me of DIY. Wear this trend but don’t expect me to join in ;).
4. High waisted shorts – As much as I love shorts. I love high waisted shorts even more. I love the looseness (depending on the shorts) and the fact that you can eat till you’re full and not feel uncomfortable if you’ve over eaten. LOVE, LOVE!!
5. Gladiator sandals – This trend has been off and on but 2014/2015 has got this trend by the balls. Pair your gladiator sandals with shorts, tights, skinny jeans or even a dress as worn by one of my favourite fashion and beauty blogger, Shirley from Shirley’s Wardrobe.
These sandals are versatile and perfect for Spring/Summer.
6. Blazer – The blazer is an item every man woman and child should have in their wardrobe. It is the perfect piece to turn your outfit from bland to smart. The blazer is an item of clothing that doesn’t seem likely to go anywhere soon and is a wardrobe must-have, perfect for every occasion.
7. Crop tops – Whether you have a flat belly or not, you can still pull this look off, within reason of course. No one wants to see your belly flab, sorry. So if you have bulges to hide, pair your crop top with high waisted pants or high waisted skirts. The trick is to let your bottoms cover your bulge.
8. The Fringe – I’m sure an image of hair comes to mind here but no, this fringe trend has nothing to do with hair. It’s bags, skirts, dresses and even tops. This trend has been in the background for quite some time, but rather obscure. However, this year, the fringe is coming out loud and proud.
9. Bootleg – Another trend I’m not fond of. The bootleg reminds me of the 90’s and is not my favourite trend, so you will most probably never see me wearing a pair. Having said that, I know for a fact that this look can look great if worn well, mostly flattering on tall women. Please do not attempt this look if you are 5 ft 5 inches and under ;).
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave a comment if you want to see more posts like this. xx