If you want to start making money as an influencer then keep reading. Because in this post, I’m going to share tips to help you book brand deals as an influencer.
Working with brands via Paid Partnerships is every influencer’s dream. But paid partnerships are not the only way to get paid to work with brands. Check out this post to find out what a paid partnership is, and the different ways to make money as an influencer.
As content creators, we often get stuck in this cycle of constantly creating content with no sustainable strategy.
There’s a misconception that the more content you create, the higher your chances of getting noticed by brands, WRONG!
What will get you noticed by a brand you love is not the amount of content you produce but the right content.
What do I mean by the right content? This is all-encompassing of these three things;
- Does your content speak to the brand’s target audience?
- Is the quality of your content up to the brand’s standards?
- And are you a good brand ambassador for the brand?
If you want to work with a brand in the fitness niche, post fitness related content. It really is that simple.
I used to think that to book brand deals, I need to just post content and the brands will come calling. How naïve!
Although I have had collaborations this way, it is better to reach out to the brand. By doing this, it provides the flexibility to choose who you work with instead of just taking anything that comes your way.
Taking anything that comes your way is never ever a good idea and may cause long-term damage to your brand. There should be alignment.
If you want to book brand deals, here is a list of things you can do:
- Reach out to the brand on social media and send a DM expressing your interest to work with them.
- Post content relevant to the brand that you want to work with. This will come in handy during your pitch to the brand.
- Sign up with influencer agencies in your country like Brand Advisor or People Have Influence to get brand collaboration opportunities.
For more in-depth information on how to pitch to brands, book brand deals and build relationships, order a copy of my ebook, How To Monetise Your Online Brand Through Instagram.