Thursday Plantation Acne Range Review
The range includes:
For targeted application
I’d never heard of Thursday Plantation so before I used the products I thought I’d do a little research and find out a little bit more about the brand whose products I was going to be using on my face for the next few weeks.
Thursday Plantation is an all natural Australian health and beauty company whose products are derived from tea tree oil. They are Australia’s No.1 natural acne brand.
The acne range which includes tea tree oil, similarly in all their products is said to provide an effective and natural way to treat acne-prone skin, without harming or damaging it.
But first, tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil
- Apart from the fact that tea tree oil is a tongue twister, (just try to say it really fast 10 times and then you’ll get my point) it is great for treating acne because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tea tree oil is also known to be as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide – a chemical commonly used to treat acne – without the side effects.
- Because it is also natural, it is very gentle on the skin
I have acne-prone skin and tend to break out when I am stressed, before and after my menstrual cycle so I was pretty excited to try this range. I was sent the Thursday Plantation Acne range in addition to the Tea Tree Blemish stick to test and review.
Detailed below is my review of the products.
Review of Thursday Plantation Acne range
My daily routine
- Cleanse with Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash – This cleanser comes out of the bottle foamy. I use it to wash my already wet face.
- Tone with Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner – With a cotton pad, I use the toner to wipe my face.
- Moisturise and hydrate with Tea Tea Face Cream – I apply a generous amount of the cream on my face.
Results & Overview
I didn’t notice any changes in the first two weeks. However, there was an overproduction of oil on my face. I have oily skin so I was NOT happy about this. Even though it is now spring, the weather is still relatively cold so I did not expect to get so oily.
By week 3 I was breaking break out, (something I have come to expect and that occurs pre and post my menstrual cycle) I used the Tea Tree Blemish Stick which worked wonders and by day 2, the spots had cleared.
I don’t have severe acne except for those few times that I break out during the month so that may likely have resulted in why I didn’t notice any significant changes using the Thursday Plantation range.
However, I did enjoy using the blemish stick which was really convenient and easy to use.
The range, particularly the foaming face wash has a really strong antiseptic smell from the tea tree oil which I did not care for. So if you’re sensitive to smell, you may find it a bit overwhelming.
The Blemish Stick is my favourite in this range. I would definitely recommend it. I LOVE the easy application of the stick. I can carry it in my bag and apply the product at any time, plus it works!
To order the Thursday Plantation range or for more information, visit Rubybox.co.za and Thursdayplantation.co.za.
NB: All images used are my own. Please ask and credit me before use.